Author Archive: Michael Kerchner - Exec. President
Virtual NRP Chapter Advisor Meeting 1/19/2023
Virtual NRP Chapter Advisor Meeting
Thursday January 19 (8-9 PM EST)
Join the National Council and chapter advisors from all four regions to learn about new initiatives (e.g. 2023 chapter and member awards and grants, regional student media representatives, upcoming openings on the council), and share with the council and other chapter advisors how Nu Rho Psi can best serve you and the membership.
Check your email for the Zoom link or contact your regional council representative to obtain the link.
Welcome our Newest Chapters
Belmont University – Eta in Tennessee
The University of the South “Sewanee” – Delta in Tennessee
These represent the 105th and 106th chapters since the first chapter was established at Baldwin and Wallace University in 2006.
Visit us at the 2022 Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience
Nu Rho Psi Poster #ZZ-7
Session: Theme J Poster
Session #025: Undergraduate Neuroscience Programs
Location: SDCC Halls B-H
- The poster will be available from Noon on Saturday, November 12; until 5PM on Sunday November 13
- Representatives of Nu Rho Psi will be at the poster on Sunday, between 9:00 and 10:00AM.
Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience (FUN) POSTER SESSION
Saturday November 12, 6:30-8:30 pm, SDCC Halls B-H
In conjunction with SfN’s Trainee Night, the FUN Undergraduate Poster Session will feature 125 undergraduate posters on the main floor of the San Diego Convention Center, including the following Nu Rho Psi SFN Travel Award Recipients:
- Julianne Pelletier, Regis University (Mentor: Ashley Fricks-Gleason)
- Juan Taborda, Baldwin Wallace University (Mentor: Clare Mathes)
- Tracey Nassuna, Lake Forest College (Mentor: Shubhick DebBurman)
- Jake Mansell, Baldwin Wallace University (Mentor: Clare Mathes)
The following Travel Award Recipients will also be presenting posters on the conference floor (Check the conference schedule for the days and times):
- Bill Wu, Skidmore College (Mentor: Chris Vecsey)
- Emily Wheelis, SUNY Binghamton (Mentor: Christopher Bishop)
- Annie Nguyen, Wayne State University (Mentor: Gil Mor)
- Devarshi Mukherji, University of Michigan (Mentor: Maria Castro)
The FUN Neuroscience Exhibitor’s Booth
Stop by the Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience (FUN) booth to learn more about the process to establish a local chapter of Nu Rho Psi as well as applications for chapters activity grants, and grants to support the research projects of our members.
- When: Sunday November 13 and Monday November 14, Noon – 1:00 pm,
Where: Booth 3324, SDCC Hall C
Virtual Annual Member Meeting
Please plan to attend our annual member meeting. Once again the meeting will be a virtual event.
Links to register for the meeting were sent to chapter advisors to share with their members and eligible inductees.
Date: Sunday, November 6
Time: 1PM to 2:30PM (EST)
Keynote Speaker : COVID-19 and the Brain
Avendra Nath, M.D.
Senior Investigator and Clinical Director
Section of Infections of the Nervous System
Division of Neuroimmunology & Neurobiology
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke