This is the updated NuRhoPsi website! We’re excited about the updated look and feel, but are still working a bit to make sure all is working with the new update. If you are looking for something and can’t find it, the old website is still online at: http://nurhopsi.com/drupal. In general, though, please stick here at http://nurhopsi.org and we’ll try to have everything perfect soon.
The purpose of Nu Rho Psi is to:
- encourage professional interest and excellence in scholarship, particularly in neuroscience;
- award recognition to students who have achieved such excellence in scholarship;
- advance the discipline of neuroscience; encourage intellectual and social interaction between students, faculty, and professionals in neuroscience and related fields;
- promote career development in neuroscience and related fields;
- increase public awareness of neuroscience and its benefits for the individual and society; and
- encourage service to the community.
Who may join?
Membership is by invitation and is open to graduate and undergraduate men and women who are making the study of Neuroscience one of their major interests and who meet the other academic qualifications. Nu Rho Psi is also open to qualifying Neuroscience faculty and alumni of Neuroscience programs. Requirements for membership include:
- Major or minor in Neuroscience
- Completion of at least 3 semesters of the College course
- Completion of at least 9 semester hours of Neuroscience-related courses
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.2 and a minimum GPA of 3.5 in Neuroscience courses
Students and faculty are elected to membership by the chapter at participating institutions, according to the provisions in the national Nu Rho Psi Constitution. Any chapter, at its discretion, may establish higher academic standards for eligibility, but may not require lower standards for eligibility. Membership in Nu Rho Psi is open to qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, race handicap or disability, color, religion, or national or ethnic origin.
What are the benefits of membership?
Nu Rho Psi membership provides recognition of verified academic excellence in the interdisciplinary field of Neuroscience. Students who become members of Nu Rho Psi are selected based on their superior scholarly accomplishments as well as their excellent work in the laboratory. Nu Rho Psi membership is for life and it is often a springboard for the networking and collaboration of like-minded colleagues interested in the study of the brain. Our members are provided opportunities to form professional relationships that carry them through their careers in Neuroscience. We offer both regional and national Nu Rho Psi meetings where young scientists from around the country gather to share their research findings. Nu Rho Psi offers competitive travel awards for members to attend and present their work at the annual Society for Neuroscience meeting. Research Grants and Chapter Activity Grants are also available. Nu Rho Psi facilitates the mentoring of our members through publications (e.g., The Nu Rho Psi Guide to Graduate School in Neuroscience) and other outreach activities of the Society. News and additional information about benefits are available to members via the Nu Rho Psi online newsletter. Nu Rho Psi is currently building an Endowment Fund aimed at providing additional small grants to facilitate our members’ senior theses or summer research projects. Members receive membership certificates and lapel pins as an indication of the honor they have earned.
What is the cost?
Membership in Nu Rho Psi is for life and the induction fee ($40.00 for students; $50.00 for faculty) is the only payment to the National organization.
Contact us: Nu Rho Psi National Office, Baldwin Wallace University, 275 Eastland Rd., Berea OH 44017-2088 USA; email@example.com ; 440.826.8526