Nu Rho Psi members are eligible for several awards/grants.
Nu Rho Psi chapters and members are eligible for several awards/grants. The deadline for these 2019-20 Grants and Awards depends on the particular offering (see below). The winners will be recognized at the National Nu Rho Psi Meeting on during the 2019 Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience – October, 19-23, 2019 in Chicago, IL
Nu Rho Psi Undergraduate Research Grants for Summer 2019 and Academic Year 2019-2020 – Deadline Extended!!
1. Rho Psi Undergraduate Research Grants support high quality research projects conducted by undergraduate student members of Nu Rho Psi by defraying direct research costs and/or by providing direct student financial support. There is a single application deadline regardless of whether the research project will be completed during Summer 2019 or during the 2019-20 Academic Year.
Undergraduate Research Grant Proposal Submission Deadline:
1 April 2019 8 April 2019
One of the above grants will specifically be recognized as the G. Andrew Mickley Undergraduate Research Grant. Preference will be given to Behavioral Neuroscience projects that advances the body of knowledge regarding how the brain learns and remembers and is of sufficient scope that publication or wide dissemination of the results is likely. The funds to support this grant were graciously donated by Neuroscience Associates (https://www.neuroscienceassociates.com/) in honor of Prof. G. Andrew Mickley, who served as the founding Executive Director of Nu Rho Psi until 2016.
2. Nu Rho Psi Chapter of the Year Award – 2019
The Nu Rho Psi Chapter of the Year Award recognizes the accomplishments of a Nu Rho Psi chapter for excellence in carrying out the mission of Nu Rho Psi on the local, regional and/or national level during the 2018-19 academic year. The award recipient will be recognized at the 2019 Nu Rho Psi National Meeting in Chicago. Profiles of the winning program will be featured on the Nu Rho Psi website and disseminated to the global neuroscience community as a means of sharing successful practices in fostering neuroscience research, professional development, neuroscience education, and community service.
Chapter of the Year Proposal Submission Deadline: 6 May 2019
3. Outstanding Faculty and Outstanding Student Member of the Year Awards – 2019
Nu Rho Psi will recognize annually one Faculty and one Student Nu Rho Psi member who has demonstrated exceptional leadership, service & advocacy, research, and/or other significant contributions in furthering the world’s understanding & education of neuroscience.
Outstanding Faculty Member of the Year
Purpose: To recognize one Nu Rho Psi member who has demonstrated exceptional leadership, service & advocacy, research, teaching and/or other significant contributions in furthering the understanding & education of neuroscience
- Nominee is an active Nu Rho Psi member
To search for current NRP members, see member database: HERE
- Nominee has made significant contributions to Nu Rho Psi at either the local, regional, or national level (eg. Nu Rho Psi chapter advisor, active involvement in local Nu Rho Psi chapter, served as a regional/national Nu Rho Psi councilor or officer)
- Nominee has made significant, unique, or innovative contributions to the field of neuroscience on either a local or national level.
Outstanding Faculty Member of the Year Nomination Deadline: 16 May 2019
Nomination Instructions and Form: WORD PDF Apply Now!
Outstanding Student Member of the Year
Purpose: To annually recognize one Nu Rho Psi member who has demonstrated exceptional leadership, service & advocacy, research, and/or other significant contributions in furthering the world’s understanding & education of neuroscience.
- Actively contributed to Nu Rho Psi at the local or national level in the past year
- Student nominee was enrolled in a degree seeking program during the 2018-2019 academic year, or are within 5 years of obtaining their degree.
- To search for current NRP members, see member database: HERE
- Awardee must have made significant contributions to furthering the mission of Nu Rho Psi during their undergraduate or graduate career
Outstanding Student Member of the Year Nomination Deadline: 16 May 2019
Nomination Instructions and Form: WORD PDF Apply Now!
4. Travel grants to present your research at the 2018 Society for Neuroscience (SfN) Meeting.
Are you presenting a paper at the 2018 Society for Neuroscience meeting in San Diego, CA? Nu Rho Psi members may apply for a Nu Rho Psi-sponsored travel award [administered by the Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience (FUN)]. The awards are competitive but our members are given preference for these awards in that they compete only with other Nu Rho Psi members. The award offers aid for expenses associated with attending the Society for Neuroscience meeting for an undergraduate student who is presenting a poster at the main SfN meeting. All student travel award applications must have a faculty sponsor who is a dues-paying member of FUN.
CALL FOR APPLICATION: 2019 Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience Undergraduate Research Travel Awards.
Applications for The Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience (FUN) UndergraduateResearch Travel Awards to the 2019 Society for Neuroscience Meeting in Chicago, IL
Submissions are not currently being accepted.
Check back here regularly.
Detailed 2019 application instructions and online submission may be obtained HERE
5. Nu Rho Psi Chapter Activity Grants for the 2018-19 Academic Year
Nu Rho Psi Chapter Activity Grants support chapter activities promoting public awareness of the brain and/or service to the community. Chapters are encouraged to organize activities around a common theme, which will be announced each spring. …
2019-20 Chapter Activity Grant Proposal Submission Deadline: 14 October 2019.
2019-20 Grant Solicitation and Application: WORD PDF (TBA)
Questions about Nu Rho Psi Grants or Awards?
Contact Prof. Margaret Gill: firstname.lastname@example.org