Does your chapter sponsor a local journal club? If so, please share contact information and we will put you in contact with other Nu Rho Psi Chapters that sponsor their own Local Neuroscience Journal Club. Perhaps a number of chapter clubs can create a virtual meeting space where multiple journal clubs can co-host or collaborate. Share examples of such coordinated endeavors which we can highlight hear, on social media platforms and feature in our annual newsletter.
What some guidance on how to establish and run a local Journal Club? Check out these resources. If you find others that you found helpful? Lets know so we can add them here.
Journal Club Guides
- NIH Intramural Research Program Journal Club Tips
- University of California San Diego – Journal Club Guide
- Wilkes University – Journal Club Guide and Resource Page
- University of Connecticut School of Medicine – Graduate Neuroscience Dept. Journal Club
Open Access Neuroscience Research Journals
- eNeuro – is an open-access, peer-reviewed scientific journal published by the Society for Neuroscience.
Related Journal of Undergraduate Neuroscience Education Articles
- Bradley, Hamilton, & Thomspon (2017). Learning Experimental Design through Targeted Student-Centric Journal Club with Screencasting. J Undergrad Neurosci Educ. 2017 Fall; 16(1): A83–A88.
- Spix & Brasier (2018) Using Blogs as Practice Writing About Original Neuroscience Papers Enhances Students’ Confidence in Their Critical Analysis of Research.
J Undergrad Neurosci Educ. 2018 Spring; 16(2): A120–A125.
- Harrington et al. (2015). An Instructor’s Guide to (Some of) the Most Amazing Papers in Neuroscience. J Undergrad Neurosci Educ. 2015 Fall; 14(1): R3–R14.
- Brasier (2017). Three Scientific Controversies to Engage Students in Reading Primary Literature. J Undergrad Neurosci Educ. 2017 Fall; 16(1): R13–R19.
- Cook-Snyder (2017). Using Case Studies to Promote Student Engagement in Primary Literature Data Analysis and Evaluation.J Undergrad Neurosci Educ. 2017 Fall; 16(1): C1–C6.